Plug Load Code Compliance
Bert’s delivers flexible, low-cost plug load energy code compliance solutions that meet ASHRAE 90.1 and CEC Title 24 requirements.
Energy codes play a key role in reducing energy consumption. Both ASHRAE 90.1 and CEC Title 24 set mandatory plug load control requirements for new building construction and major renovations. ASHRAE has been adopted by a growing number of states.
Bert’s Inline series for hardwired loads provides a flexible, easy-to-install solution that utilizes the existing wireless network for plug load code compliance., including:
- Varying control levels including whole circuit, partial circuit and individual receptacle
- Control for loads ranging from 120V/15A to 277V/20A
- Split wire option for CEC Title 24 compliance
- Inexpensive sub-metering option for ASHRAE 90.1 -2013/2016 compliance
- Almost half the US has adopted ASHRAE 90.1-2010 or later
- Code applies to Private Offices, Classrooms, Copier Rooms, Workstations, Break Rooms and Conference Rooms
- Automatic Receptacle Control for at least 50% of all 125V, 15A and 20A receptacles
- Requires automatic control device that shall function on:
- A scheduled basis,
- Occupant sensor,
- Signal from another control system
- Considered most stringent energy code
- Code applies to Private Offices, Open Offices, Reception Lobbies, Conference Rooms, Kitchenette Areas, Copy Rooms and Guest Rooms
- At least one controlled receptacle must be within 6 feet of an uncontrolled receptacle. Split-wired receptacle may be used.
- Requires of one the following control devices:
- Occupant sensing control
- Automatic time-switch control
- Signal from another building system
- Other control capable of automatically shutting OFF all lights
- Controlled receptacles must be identified