Installing Plug Load Control
Performance Contracts are complicated. Bert takes care of the plug load details so you can focus on the big picture.
More than just a technology company, Bert is a reliable partner with the personnel and expertise to take complete responsibility for each step of the plug load installation process, from preliminary savings through measurement and verification.
ESCO provides high level project details:
- Building square footage
- Building types
- kWh rates
- Operating hours
Investment Grade Audit
Complete IGA using Bert Audit tool:
- Records number and type of devices by room
- Totals the number of devices in each building
- Checks Wi-Fi coverage
- Audit data shared with ESCO
Bert verifies network connectivity:
- Bert confirms project scope
- Bert sets up IT conference call
- IT Department downloads software and confirms Bert network connection
- Bert preconfigures hardware with network credentials
- Bert obtains remote access to server
Installer uses Bert Install tool:
- Audit data shared with installer so installer knows where Berts belong
- Bert Install tool records location, device type and MAC address for each Bert
- Bert Support remotely monitors installation; verifying that each Bert connects to the network
- Install data shared with ESCO and Customer
Scheduling and Training
ESCO gives Bert schedules:
- ESCO fills out Schedule Request Form (SRF) with desired schedules and groups
- Bert creates schedules based on SRF
- Bert conducts training class
Measurement and Verification
Establish Baseline Overnight Load:
- Establish baseline: Berts run with no schedule for at least 2-4 weeks
- Bert applies schedules
- M&V reports generated as defined in project scope
Typical Project Duration:
6-8 weeks from receipt of PO
Bert Plug Load Management
Everything you need to know about installing plug load control is included in Bert’s ESCO Guide. The guide includes a detailed plug load installation plan with copies of project-related forms, energy usage and savings data for common plug loads, and information about Bert’s cloud-based Audit and Installation tools.
Bert Mobile Toolkit
Preliminary Savings Sheet
Uses building type, square footage and kWh rate to estimate savings by building using plug load device density data from 1,000+ buildings.
Bert Audit Tool
Use IOS or Android mobile device to record plug load devices by room and building, verify Wi-Fi coverage and record installation notes. Time-stamped data is shared with ESCO and installation partner.
Bert Installer Tool
Use IOS or Android mobile device to log location, device type, MAC address for each installed Bert. Time-stamped data is shared with ESCO, Installation Partner and Customer.
Let Bert estimate the savings for your plug load project
Give us the building types, square footages, and kWh rates for your project. Bert estimates the savings using plug load device density and standby power usage from our existing installations.
Bert delivers big savings, with paybacks ranging from 1 to 7 years.